NEW benefit for BAR Tenders!(Announced Feb. 7, 2020)
A quick overview:
- Join/renew your BAR Tender dues by March 13, 2020.
- Run at least 1200 miles in 2020.
- Send us your mileage numbers on a monthly basis throughout 2020. (2020 BAR Tenders will soon receive an email with a link to the online form.)
Why Log Your Miles?
This is a great way to see how much running our club really does! So, keep track of those miles and let’s see how far we go in 2020. We’d love to see how many miles our club members run throughout the year.
Some of you might feel that 1200 miles is too big a number. Realize that if you run just over 23 miles a week for 52 weeks, you are in reach of 1200 miles. If you typically run a bit less, but train for one or two bigger races a year, you could easily reach the target. And, if you get within shooting distance in December, you could run a few extra miles just to say, “I did it!”
Besides bragging rights, 2020’s 1200 Mile Club members receive a Boise Area Runners customized gift — with “1200 Mile Club” proudly proclaimed for the world to see.
How to Log Your Miles
Keep track of your mileage with an app, written in a journal, or whatever works best for you. We’ll send you monthly emails with a link to an online form to log the previous month’s mileage (i.e. On March 1, you will get a link for logging your February mileage. Due to the timing of this announcement, you can also log your January mileage on that form, too.) Mileage for 2020 must be submitted by January 20, 2021.
- To be eligible for this year’s 1200 Mile Club, you must be a current BAR Tender. New/renewing members must join by Friday, March 13, at 11:59 p.m. in order to be eligible.
- It is the BAR Tender’s responsibility to keep an accurate count of mileage. It is also the BAR Tender’s responsibility to submit mileage to the 1200 Mile Club by January 20, 2021.
- Lots of GPS watches and smartphones come with accompanying apps that automatically log your mileage for you when you track your activity. Or if you use a handwritten journal to log your mileage, that’s totally fine.
- Tracked mileage should only be running and/or walking miles. Other activities such as biking and skiing DO NOT count. We are a running club after all!
- The mileage club tracks intentional activity. In other words, please track only specific runs and/or walks in your day that you are dedicating toward a fit and active lifestyle. The mileage tracker is not to be used to track TOTAL daily mileage that would include activities such as walking at work, walking around downtown, walking while shopping, etc.
- We’ll recognize 2020’s 1200 Mile Club on our website and you’ll receive your gift in early 2021.
Questions? Email Ashley Chadwick, BAR member at large, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good luck and start logging those 2020 miles!