Camelsback is a great trail run location with access to a variety of distances. Also, these are mostly sandy trails which means they are the first one to be runnable after rain. These all have hills and could, of course be run in reverse, if you prefer.
Please note, although all these routes are available from Camelsback, most people in the group will run either the 5.82 mile route or the 7.86 mile route with a few doing the 3.48.
- 2.79 Miles – Out Owl’s Roost trail to Foothills Learning Center and then back on Red Fox.
- 3.48 Miles – Out Owl’s Roost trail to Foothills Learning Center and then up to Red Cliffs and back on Red Fox.
- Rainy Day Route 4.28 Miles – This is the route for when the trails are too wet to even run at Camelsback trails. You run up through the neighborhood and can either turn around there or jump over to 8th St (dirt road) and come back to the park that way.
- 5.82 Miles – Out Owl’s Roost, up Kestrel, up Crestline down Red Cliffs and back on Red Fox.
- 7.86 Miles – Out Owl’s Roost, up Kestrel, up Crestline, down Lower Hulls and back on Red Fox
- 13.60 Miles – Lots of variations on this to add distance. The basic version is up 8th St to Scott’s Trail, then down Corrals back to 8th St.
- 16.44 Miles – About as much in Military Reserve as Camelsback, this is a long hilly run.